GASP: Release Notes
Current GASP Version: 5.2.2
New Features in v5.2.2
- Added an option to print license information from the command line. This is done using: gasp --license
- Added number density to the list of available variables in the user defined variables dialog for output and visualization.
- Added velocity, pressure, and density gradients to the output variables (Note: this addition resulted in a change to the units.txt file which may produce warning messages).
- The residual output now displays x,y,z data for the maximum residual when running unstructured.
- Added a "Display Grid Info" option to the "Zones" -> "Grid Mgt" window in the GUI.
- Added a new feature to create a gas species from a mixture of species in the database GUI.
- Updated the CFL ramp to include linear, log, and residual based ramping. This is a new option in the time integration.
- Implemented Modified Fick's law in conjunction with the use of Lennard Jones integrals to compute collision cross section integrals. This supports a new option for modeling species diffusion.
- Added print statements to output concerning solution initialization upon solver execution.
- Added support for copying information from a "Visualization" folder to a new "File Output" folder using drag-n-drop within the GUI.
- Fixed a bug involving the archive increment number when restoring an archive and restarting. After restart, the next archive increment was wrong. Fixed a bug involving archive recovery in GUI.
- Operator splitting can now be used with Dual-Time stepping and unstructured grids. Before, this was an invalid operation and resulted in an error.
- Real stoichiometric coefficients in reactions can now be used with operator splitting, as well as the global limiting options.
- Fixed a bug in the non-dimensionalization of pointwise data for solid thermodynamics.
- Fixed a bug when moving data nodes within a vtk input folder or moving from one folder to another.
- Increased GUI display precision for the Navier-Stokes QSpec parameters.
- Added an input flag (from the .gsp file only) to dump all NaN locations if requested. Save GUI with "Include All XML" and then search input deck file for DumpAllNan.
- The GUI input for non-equilibrium vibrational species now checks for the max possible value allowed.
- Added a check to the thermo-chemistry database to warn if the electron, e- is not the last species in the list within a given model. This is the current policy when using the electron species.
- Changed the Jacobian option for the DVODE solver to be numerical instead of analytical.
- The GUI highlight node feature is off by default. To use it run the GUI with --highlight.
Release Date: December 2015
Previous Version Notes
- Release notes for v5.2.1 (June 2015)
- Release notes for v5.2.0 (December 2014)
- Release notes for v5.1.2 (August 2012)
- Release notes for v5.1.1 (December 2011)
- Release notes for v5.1.0 (September 2011)
- Release notes for v5.0.3 (January 2011)
- Release notes for v5.0.2 (February 2010)
- Release notes for v5.0.1 (August 2009)